PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a licensed practitioner who is responsible for managing the psychiatric care for our patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
- Meet with each new client and build a treatment plan.
- Complete all comprehensive assessments that are needed.
- Diagnose clients that have psychiatric complications and continue treatment for each diagnosis.
- Medication reconciliation and medication management for clients that are already prescribed medications at admission or medication prescribed with us.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to the patient’s specific needs.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team members.
- Services include, but are not limited to:
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Medication reconciliation
- Medication management
- Psychiatric diagnosing.
- Vitals (if needed)
- Pharmacogenetics testing and reviews of the results
- Review of all lab results.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
LINES OF COMMUNICATION:
- The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will report directly to the Medical Director.
- Must stay up to date with industry changes.
- Must be available for company emergencies.
JOB TYPE AND SALARY:
- Job Type: Part-time/Full-time
- Salary: $85,000 to $105,000 /year
- Nurse Practitioner: 1 year (Required)
- Substance abuse treatment: 1 year (preferred)
- Psychiatric: 1 year (Required)
- Master’s (Required), or DNP
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) (Required)
- PMHNP-BC (Required)
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
A valuable member of your mental health team
Does your organization need help with mental health treatment training? Do you need an expert you can trust with orienting or training staff on important practices? Contact us to see how we’ve helped our many partner organizations thrive with their mental health programs.